Services & Warranty
Icom NZ Service Department provides repair and maintenance for all ICOM Products. Replacement parts, service and instruction manuals can also be ordered through Icom NZ.
Should you have purchased your Icom radio without a warranty, we can still provide a quote to repair your equipment.
'Back to Base' Warranty
Any product purchased from an authorised dealer comes with a 'Back to Base' Warranty which will provide you with a full back-up service in New Zealand and enable you to return your Icom radio for repairs, free of charge.
ICOM LIMITED WARRANTY
Icom NZ, the authorised Icom Distributor, warrants this Icom product within New Zealand to be free from defects in material or workmanship for the applicable period indicated below:
Two (2) years from the date of purchase, (excluding accessories), from a New Zealand authorised Icom Dealer.
Six (6) months from the date of purchase, from a New Zealand authorised Icom Dealer. (i.e. battery, antenna, battery chargers etc)
Unless otherwise expressly provided, any fault arising from defective workmanship or material shall be rectified by Icom where the equipment is returned freight prepaid to Icom NZ
This warranty shall not apply:
- To an Icom Product which has failed due to improper installation, misuse, accident, alteration or unauthorised repair or modification.
- If any serial number or identification plate attached to the goods has been altered, rendered illegible, or removed.
- If the goods have been damaged by corrosion, deterioration or the like contributed to abnormal temperatures; the influence of foreign matter or energy or physical or chemical properties of water, steam or chemical compounds.
- To any Icom product not originally supplied by Icom NZ to an authorized Dealer of Icom NZ.
Please check with us if you feel an Icom product is being offered for sale that has been sourced from other than Icom NZ.
Warranty Service Instructions:
PARALLEL IMPORTED GOODS
- If you are experiencing difficulty with your Icom equipment return it to Icom NZ, preferably in the original carton, without accessories and include a brief explanation of the difficulty you are experiencing. Although we take the utmost care Icom NZ shall assume no liability for the loss or safe return of an accessory item.
- Include accessories only if your specific situation indicates an accessory related difficulty exists. It is important to itemise these accessories on the note of explanation.
- If the requested repairs or service are within the terms of the warranty, your equipment will be repaired and returned prepaid to any designated point within New Zealand. The freight carrier is at the option of Icom NZ
- If the requested repairs or service are not within the terms of warranty or if you fail to provide acceptable evidence of the date of purchase you will be contacted with a quote to repair your equipment. Return freight will be charged in this instance.
- All equipment returned under warranty must be freight prepaid. Freight collect packages will not be accepted.
Radios supplied by ICOM New Zealand have been typed approved for use in New Zealand. There are unfortunately non Icom NZ approved sellers representing Icom products. Often these products will have a different model number from what is listed on our website. This is because those radios have been sourced outside of New Zealand and hence are not "NZ TYPE APPROVED" by Radio Spectrum Management, a division of the Ministry of Economic Development. It is ILLEGAL TO OPERATE non type approved aviation, marine and land-mobile radios in New Zealand .If you believe someone is selling Icom radios that are not type approved or you are unsure about your own radio please let us know.